Friday, February 12, 2010

Knitting Olympics!

I so much want to participate in the knitting olympics. I've been struggling for the last 2 days about what my project should be. What will be a sufficient challenge for me to knit in the next 17 days, but won't make me crazy.
I doubt I could pull off a pair of socks. I think I could make another bee or panda sweater--although I'll be finishing the neck on the bee sweater tonight as everyone else is casting on for the olympics. So really I'll be knitting 16 days.
I also didn't want to make it too easy, which is why I didn't just want to finish a pair of socks that I've already started.

In the end, I decided, because this is a fun thing and not a SERIOUS thing, that I would attempt to knit "pretty thing" and should it prove too easy--I'll attempt to also finish that sock I've got languishing.

Let the games begin!

1 comment:

Trisha said...

Great choice! It is a beautiful cowl. I am trying fair isle for the first time and if I don't finish the pair of socks by the closing ceremonies that's ok. I just think it is fun to play along.