Thursday, January 11, 2018

Insert witty title here

First up some housekeeping from previous entries.

I mentioned last entry that I couldn't remember what yarn I made the double pom pom hat out of and I hadn't taken a picture of the cowl. So. I dug through the trash can in the tv room where I do most of my knitting and found the ball band. (I'm a terrible person I know). The yarn is Lion Brand Wool Ease thick and quick in "constellation". The yarn has sparkly bits in it that don't really show up well in pictures--and honestly even in real life they occasionally look a bit like lint. The cowl is just "cast on enough stitches in a multiple of four to be the length you want, k2, p2 ribbing until you are nearly out of yarn or it is big enough, BO."

Matching hat and cowl.

A post shared by Jodie (@ja_gardner) on

Funny side note: My kids both have an instagram account (actually one of them has a a second nail account but I digress). At any rate, whenever one of them wants to post a photo they can spend hours (days occasionally) writing the perfect caption. They will ask everyone in the house "is this a good caption?" I am like the opposite because back when they would ask, "what should I caption this?" (which they never ask anymore) I would always reply something like "delicious dinner" if it was food or "my favorite selfie of the 200 I took today." And I tend to write captions like that. So I captioned the above "matching hat and cowl" because I am boring and what else would I say? (Although the children would have searched for something poetic about stars or the cold or something). Turns out to be good because It's lying flat and looks strangely enough like doll clothes, which I hadn't realized until Karen pointed it out! Perhaps I owe you a picture of it being worn--which honestly is how I would prefer to display my knits even as circumstances prevent it.

At Christmas, when we started the ill fated trip, I asked Facebook to tell me what I should knit. I went totally against the grain and pulled out this brightly colored sock yarn, i purchased a while ago called " Clouds and Rainbows". I just now went to look to see if I could point you to the Etsy shop listed on the tag, and discovered she doesn't do Etsy anymore, but has her own page so yay! You can find lots of different self-striping yarns At Artistic yarns by Abi. I might need the sock money sock yarn, I'm just saying. I had purchased this at my LYS and after looking at her page, I also got a pretty good deal as the price has risen.

Anyway, I'm loving the sock, but I'm feeling I'm knitting it too loosely on my smaller size 1s. I don't want to rip and try the size 0 though. Maybe I'll try it with sock #2 and eventually I'll have three socks?

Clouds and rainbows by #knitpurlgurl I am loving these so much

A post shared by Jodie (@ja_gardner) on

The next time that I ask what I should take to knit in the car, I should really just take all the socks that need darning, because I hate darning, and being trapped in the car with nothing to do but mend might mean it actually gets done.

1 comment:

محمد على said...

شركة تنظيف بالرياض رخيصه - خصم 50%- ركن كلين للخدمات المنزلية
نعتمد على فريق عمل متكامل يقوم باستخدم مواد معنية تحتوى على معطرات وأدوات تنظيف مميزة كما أننا نعتمد على مناشف لا تغير من لون الاثاث اطلاقا بل تجعله جديدا وأنيقا مميزا افضل شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض .
شركتناشركة تنظيف سجاد بالرياض تتخصص فى القيام بأعمال تنظيف الموكيت ونظرا لحساسية التعامل مع الموكيت فشركتنا تعتمد على أدوات محددة لسلامة الموكيت وعدم تجريحه .
شركة تنظيف موكيت شمال الرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت شرق الرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت غرب الرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت جنوب الرياض