Thursday, May 03, 2018

knots

Sometimes when I'm just knitting along I don't feel like I have enough to really write about. And I am just knitting along. And yes, still the first sock (it seems like some people in my life ask this regardless of when the last time they saw me knitting and asked this SAME question).

I did stop knitting on it for a few days because I was so frustrated. I found a knot! And I hate weaving in ends in socks! It actually took two tries at a russian join to fix it and even now I can still see where it was. Then! I found a second knot. (insert eyeroll here). I tried another russian join, when it slipped out, I just gave up and started the new yarn. And now that I'm knitting, I'm wondering if it is going to mess up the pattern of colors. Not that my socks have to perfectly match, but it would be nice if they were close you know.

I don't want to say that I'm tired of knitting socks, but I have been itching to take on a bigger project. Like sweater big. And yeah I know I say that a lot but it's about time to start washing sweaters and putting the ones I won't wear away for the summer. (I usually leave out a couple of cardigans) And I want a new sweater. Of course I don't have yarn for a sweater sized project*. I do though, have lots of leftover yarn all in about the same weight. And I was thinking stripes would be REALLY cute. It wouldn't be all the same material--like some Ultra alpaca which is 50/50 wool and alpaca and some 100% wool, but then I wonder if it would work.

*Ok, I do, but I am kind of saving that for the dollar and a half cardigan even though every time I try swatching for the dollar and a half cardigan I get all wigged out because it seems hard to follow the stitch pattern AND I don't really get gauge and I love that sweater so much I don't want to mess it up, but it WOULD be the perfect summer sweater.

Regardless, it seems as if there is some swatching and or searching ravelry for patterns in my future.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

I always feel like I've pulled off a tiny miracle when I get a Russian join right, even though it always looks a little lumpy when I do get it right.