Thursday, July 05, 2012

purple panda sweater

In looking over the pictures I took of the sweaters, I realized that I don't have a lot of suitable pictures of the gray central park hoodie. So instead I guess I'll separate the sweater entries.

First up is what we are referring to as the purple panda sweater. In fact I should probably update the ravelry page to call it that. At any rate, I made this for my daughter who loves purple and pandas. The yarn is Brava worsted by knitpicks. I used size US 7 needles and basically created the pattern by using the top down raglan calculator. I added a hood using other patterns as guidelines for length and shape. Instead of ribbing, I used seed stitch for the edges, and used a buttonhole I found in The Knitters book of finishing techniques.

And we were very happy with the finished product:

purple sweaterbuttoningreading

Given that it was over 80 outside and 77 inside and she sat there wearing it until we said--really aren't you hot? I'd say she likes it. It wasn't even as big as I thought it would be.

And just in case you missed it we're calling it the panda sweater because two of the five buttons are pandas. Purchased 1/2 price at Joann's!

closeup of panda button

No comments: