Thursday, January 03, 2013

christmas knitting

I've been sitting on this for a while. Back in the summer, June or July maybe, I started a scarf for my mother in law. She likes red, and hates scratchy things. So a while ago, (April maybe) I picked up this misti alpaca pima cotton/silk, in red. (yes, she is a good mother in law!). Anyway, I made this from a one skein wonders book:
Beth Scarf

I had forgotten the pattern name, thankfully I recorded it in ravelry! It is called: Ruffled Merino-Seacell Bias Scarf, and is from 101 Luxury one skein wonders. It is super soft and nice (I left off the ruffles), and I think she likes it. here is the pattern closeup:
scarf closeup

The other project I finished, wasn't a gift, but more a finally finished. I started these socks for my daughter a long time ago, but kept putting them aside to work on more urgent things. Finally Christmas Eve, I finished them.
Libby socks
Given that I've washed them twice (and I think they are dirty again), I think she likes them.

I started a pair of socks for me (in purple) and her comment was--oh socks for you?! The implication being that I should knit more purple socks for her!

More on my socks after everyone goes back to school.

2 comments:

Brittany Du Pont said...

Love the red scarf, Jodi! Even the photo would look great on a wall!

KarenD said...

The scarf is great, and I'd wear the heck out of those socks. :) I think I need to pick up that book with the scarf pattern.