Thursday, February 23, 2017

five grams

I am nearing the end of my Forest hills dayflower wrap. I started with 100 grams of yarn, and for the last 3 weeks, I've been weighing it to see how close I am to the end. The pattern says that the finished size is 70 inches, but I'm pretty sure I won't get that. Unblocked it is 42 inches. I'm figuring I can maybe block it out to 50.

I just realized in that last paragraph, I forgot to say how much yarn I have left. 5 grams. I started with 100 and now I have 5. FIVE! (Give or take, my scale only goes in 5 gram increments)

I have about 5 grams of yarn left (out of 100)

A post shared by Jodie (@ja_gardner) on

So, I know I'm not going to make it out to 70 inches.

I also know I probably won't just "loosely bind off" like the pattern says. Instead I'll probably sew the bind off, which will take more yarn (maybe?)

While you wait for the next installment, you can look at this closeup I took today:

Lace closeup

A post shared by Jodie (@ja_gardner) on

No comments: