Wednesday, February 08, 2017

lacy update

Ok first things first the ongoing lace project as it looks like about 15 minutes ago:

I don't think I actually ever said what pattern this was. So ok it is the Forest Hills Dayflower wrap (PDF) from Cascade yarns. I'm not making it in cascade though, because the yarn I was given (this was a Christmas gift) is Filisilk from Zitron (Here is the first page I found in English. )

As I say in the caption above, it is supposed to be 70 inches finished size. I may not quite make it. I have about a quarter of the yarn left (I weighed it) and I'm at 31 unblocked inches. I'm trying to knit a bit on it every day. I used to knit after my children went to bed while I watched TV for a bit before heading to bed myself. This USED to mean I'd get kids in bed at 9, I'd knit and chillax with my husband until 10 and everyone was happy. Now I'm lucky if kids (teenagers really) get to bed by 10 and I'm not collapsing at 10:15. It meant that for a while, I was really really missing my knitting. Now, I knit while they do whatever takes them so long to do getting ready for bed. So far it is working.

I was going to write more--but in an effort to actually post something, I'll leave you here.

No comments: