Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Doll clothes

It occurred to me the other day that I never finished showing off the doll clothes. Probably because I finished so last minute that I sewed on snaps and wrapped. So anyway, the doll clothes were a hit, although the dolls do not get played with as much as say barbies. Also I had a pair of "leggings" not fit.
Anyway, here are the clothes:
First a jumper and blouse (this is the one with leggings to match that didn't go over the dolls posterior) :
jumper

I just loved making this one. I bought that fabric originally to make a skirt for me, but that didn't work out so I cut it up for doll dresses! I also made the shirt and leggings (same pattern, maybe this doll likes ice cream less or something!)
clothes

I actually made two coats. The other coat was pronounced the FAVORITE and did not get photographed. I made it from fleece leftover from a coat I made me. This one is made from fleece left over from a LOT of projects, but notably the stuffed alien I made her many many years ago.
Doll coat

I did enjoy making doll clothes and I promised to remake the leggings. So I may be doing more of that in the future. I've had a bad case of the I do not want to do anythings and so have started on a sock and am dreaming up a big knitting project. But I haven't actually finished either yet.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Those are so cute! I especially love the coat.