Friday, November 07, 2008

double whammy

Funny thing happened to me after Halloween, I got hit with a double whammy: time change and head cold.

Most of the time a head cold wouldn't slow down my knitting, in fact I would probably have had more time to knit because I wouldn't be doing other things. However, last week was so busy and the time changed and for some reason things didn't slow down like I thought they might.
What happened instead of knitting?
Sleeping for one. I've barely managed to be awake past 9pm any night this week. Kind of hard to get much knitting done when your prime knitting time is 8:30-10pm and you've been going to bed at 9.

I have been working on a felted slipper. By all rights I should be felting the pair this weekend, but with the time change and the cold, I have only turned the heel on the first one. Felted items knit up fast though, so maybe next weekend.

Today though I'm going to start going through my stash just to catalog it, and see what I have that might possibly work for teacher gifts this year. No one has managed to convince me that it is a foolish thing. And in fact, I'm trying to put together an entry to help me decide what it is I should be making. So if you have any ideas, leave me a comment. (I already had one idea left in another set of comments, keep them coming!)

1 comment:

Cinnamonamon said...

I'm so sorry you've been sick! I know I've missed seeing you at playgroup, although I definitely understand.

I wish I could help you on the teacher gifts, but I'm trying to figure it out too.