Monday, October 06, 2014

October 5--pattern cutting day

This was the first weekend since September started that I didn't update on the weekend, and it felt weird. Also it makes today feel like I have a lot to catch up on.

First, i did get my 10K steps all weekend, even though it was tough going on Saturday. I planked 3 sets of 30 seconds each on Friday and 3 sets of 35 seconds each on Sunday. I forgot to plank Saturday. I've been trying to plank every day (or 6 of 7 days) since mid-August and it still isn't habit enough that I didn't forget. I did declutter every day this weekend, getting rid of shorts I will probably never wear, instead of storing them, getting rid of sweatshirts that no longer fit he girls, and deciding that the metal water bottle in the back of the cupboard probably should go.

Between Friday and Saturday, I also think I got most of the fabric shopping done for the costumes. I even managed to take the girls, which is usually a disaster, as they always want really pricey fabrics. I needed them though because I wasn't sure if the idea that I had for "purple" cape or "poodle" fabric was the same as theirs. Plus we couldn't find purple pleather for boots (I know, right!?) They actually did great. In addition, I got panda girl measured, so I can start on her costume.

I had one of my daughters take pictures of me in my new finished white hoodie. I didn't like any of them, but this one was the best:
DSCN3666
Which probably tells you how bad they all were. This pattern is Knitting pure and Simple's Neck down hooded tunic. I knit it up with Pure Aran Gold in white on size US 7 needles. I bought this yarn at a LYS that went out of business. I made this because I have a green one in the same yarn (only green--duh) that I LOVE. it is a little big and bulky on me

Today, I'd like to run, and am in fact dressed in running clothes. This should take care of my steps--I have two meetings (after 5pm even which is unusual for me) and so I need to get them done early. If I get to 12K today great--if not I'm not going to stress about it. And of course I'll plank and declutter.

I need to clean bathrooms today, but I'd really and truly like to get actually laying out the pattern and (eep) cutting on the Panda girl costume. Perhaps I'll even go as far as to say--finish the cape and get the super hero logo started. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments: