Friday, September 12, 2014

Sept 12

Yesterday was one of those days in which I felt as if I was trying to wade through waist high mud, or like trying to run fast through the 4 .5 foot end of the swimming pool. I could see the goals, but time was rocketing past while I stayed still. I did do my 2 mile run, and whoo howdy am I out of shape--3 minute runs followed by two minute walks. It meant that 12K steps was well within my reach, but the meetings that bogged me down by mid-morning ensured I did not meet the 15k stretch. Also, the meetings meant that I never quite caught up on anything else. I had to re-teach yesterdays math lesson after school (which I am fully capable of usually but yesterday had to google one tiny thing I couldn't quite remember and the worksheet they brought home wasn't terribly clear) and so my after school hours were kind of shot too. I did do my 3 sets of 30 second planks and decluttered by throwing away business cards from the job that laid me off, as well as some odds and ends I found near those.

Today, I have big goals!

Today the plan includes: can everything on the counter. This means last of the peaches (the ones I bought Wednesday) and the tomatoes. After that I should be done with canning for the season. I need to finish proofreading chapter 3 of the book I'm proofreading, and I would love to be able to have some pj pants cut out. I also need to run to the grocery store and pick up my race packet because ready or not, we (both daughters and I) are running in a 5k color run tomorrow. Whew. I guess I'd better get working.

No comments: