Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September 10

So yesterday, I canned 14 pints of peaches. Bringing my total up to 28. The crazy part? I still have peaches left. The crazier part? I bought more today.

Ok, well I wanted to get to 36 pints. Last year I did 33 and that seemed to be close to about right. I don't know if I'll get to 36, but at least I didn't go overboard and get the half bushel. I amy be crazy, but I'm not THAT crazy.

I can only can 3 pints at a time, but I had to re-do one yesterday when it didn't seal--and I knew it wasn't going to fast because for some reason the liquid was visibly low. I have no idea what happened. Anyway, I filled it up and cooked it again and ping, it sealed. I also got to my 10K steps and did 2 reps of 3o0 second planks. I think I'm going to continue with the reps. And I decluttered kind of absentmindedly. I pulled out the bread machine, and realized there was a bunch of junk behind it--some giant straws, a blinky safety light that no longer blinked and threw those away. But then I forgot that I had done that and did some more purposeful decluttering of notepads.

Today, I need to get some things done at my work and so the plan is, can the peaches that are left--no more than 2 batches (so 6 pints), figure out the tomatoes and get my growing to do list done. (cleaning and errands mostly). And of course I'll do the 10K steps, planking, and decluttering.

Fear not, sewing is on the horizon, one daughter asked if I could have some new PJ pants done by her sleepover next week

No comments: