Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Sept 16

Yesterday I finished up my canning with 2 pints of pizza sauce. My only complaint was that I had most of a third pint, but not enough to get up to the required headspace. So now I have pizza sauce I need to eat or freeze. Also that took 3 hours, I kid you not.

I did a little sewing on the pj pants, but not a lot--enough to run out the bobbin thread and get too lazy to replace it. I got my errands run, including a trip to the next town over to buy pants for my picky picky daughter. I got my 10k steps in with a little before bed pacing, and planked 4sets of 30 seconds.

I'm feeling good about the decluttering. I went through the kid art, photographed it, had the girls pick their 2 favorites, and gave the rest to their grandma. Out of my house! Although now I'm wondering if they gave away the pieces I saved to keep (I saved one each).

Probably most impressive was that my husband solved the Halloween dilemma. One girl usually decides what she wants to be before we go pattern looking, and you can't budge her. The other usually changes her mind lots of times. This time, they flipped until I bought the super hero pattern for the girl insisting on being a pink batgirl, and then my usually stubborn child decided SHE wanted to be the superhero panda girl. For 2 weeks any time Halloween was mentioned, a small fight broke out. Last night my husband had a talk with the pink batgirl about why she wanted to be that and what she wanted in a costume, and she decided she'd rather be a poodle. With a tutu. She helpfully drew us a picture:
image

Believe it or not, I can work with this.

Today the goals include running (spoiler alert--I am writing this as I just finished my run), aiming for 15K steps, planking, de-cluttering, and working on the PJ pants. Ideally I'd like to have 2 pairs ready to fit. I should at least have one, as all it needs is the elastic casing. If I have time, I need to figure out how I'm going to make the poodle "shirt." One thing I will not be doing is canning. In fact, I'm going to put the canning pot in the dishwasher--and when it is done, I am packing it away until next spring.

No comments: