Monday, September 01, 2014

September project

For all of August I've been participating in a challenge of sorts. I think it started as a plank challenge, but morphed into a challenge yourself every day to something. Sort of a set your own goals. I must admit, I grudgingly decided to do it. August is full of kids and kid stuff and all the things to get back to school (doctors, dentists, haircuts, shopping, back to school nights). But I really enjoyed it. Every morning I sat quietly for a second, focused on the day and what I really wanted to get done. And at the end of the day, I thought about what I had accomplished. Some days, at the end, I felt like nothing had gotten done, but as I thought about it, I realized I had gotten so much done.

This happened on Facebook, and while I liked the public accountability of it, I can't do this on my own Facebook page. I'm not sure why, but I feel more comfortable trying it here.

So here is the plan: every morning starting tomorrow (The first day of school!)I'll post here my goals for the day, and a small wrap up of the previous day. You can leave a comment with your own goals/accomplishments.

Goals for September.
Sew at least 3 pairs of pj pants for each girl
Halloween costumes
Can peaches
Can tomatoes
Finish sweater
Start new sweater
Socks for girls?
Update the decluttering blog at least once a week.

Each of these is several steps, or a mess to unpack. The Halloween costumes for instance. They don't have to be done by September 30, because you know Halloween is a month from that. Also I have exactly one pattern and a rathe vague idea of what each girl really wants to be. But I also know that the more I can get done in September, the easier sewing will be. I know I want to finish the sweater I started this summer (concentration issue) and begin a small sweater for summer (because you know September is a great time to knit something for summer)

And then there are the daily goals
Keep planking 5-6 days a week
Get 10k steps every day
Clear out 2 items of "clutter" every day

I hope this turns into a fun thing, and I hope you can join along.

1 comment:

Cinnamonamon said...

Love this idea...I am finding it hard to believe that I might have the opportunity to do something like this, this year... If I don't join you in Sept., I probably will in October...my poor blog would love to be used again! lol